Saturday, March 27, 2010
It's spring and thus the birthday party season has officially begun in our house.
Instead of using store bought gift wrap, I wrapped today's party gift in vintage sewing pattern instructions and a salvaged piece of ribbon. Inside is a fashion themed gift so it is a perfect match.
You can pick up old sewing patterns at thrift shops for a steal. I have a stack that I found in a box lying by the side of a road with other treasures.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
I had fun putting together these fresh spring picks for this weeks CanArtisan post. Enjoy!
1. Vegan Ballerina Flats in lime by The Generation www.thegeneration.etsy.com
2. Les cuilleres - art culinaire by Eva Juliet www.evajuliet.etsy.com
3. Bunny on Blue fused glass pendant necklace by Elle Cools www.ellecools.etsy.com
4. Repurposed vintage fabric coasters by Knotted Nest www.knottednest.etsy.com
5. The sweetest hand sewn giraffe by Tiny Warbler www.tinywarbler.etsy.com
6. Wood veneer magnets with vintage lace by Botanical Theatre www.botanicaltheatre.etsy.com
Monday, March 8, 2010
St. Patrick's Day is around the corner!
To celebrate. one of my favorite blogs is featuring a Giveaway from Vintage Paper Parade this week.
Robert Mahar, Grand Poobah of Jr. Society hosts a fun blog overflowing with creative ideas and design. Visit his amazing shop too! Mahar Drygoods is an online emporium specializing in vintage and artisan crafted curiosities for children.
Enter here.. http://www.juniorsociety.com/2010/03/07/tis-the-luck-o-the-irish/