Monday, April 2, 2012

Change is in the air...



So I have a little news that I am very excited to share with you today. I've been waiting until everything was finalized...and it is...we are starting a BIG renovation of our home in less than two weeks! 

I am so excited and truth be told, a little overwhelmed at what will be unfolding over the next months. It has been in the works for a year! It's hard to believe it is actually happening.  

We have been working with our Architect to design an addition to our home and a renovation of the existing interior. It's a pretty big job (by our standards) and over the next couple of weeks I will be revealing more about our plans and share some before pictures. Our home is nearing it's 100th birthday and is ready for it's rejuvenation.

We have been busy little bees in our house purging and packing. It's a lot of work packing up an entire house. It's amazing how many things you collect over the years. John and I bought our little semi-detached home in Toronto's leafy west end about 14 years ago as newlyweds. I'm a collector and when you add two children into the mix that equals a lot of stuff!


Our local Goodwill (they recognize me now) has become the benefactor of our stuff. I love how it will find a new home. Boxes of vintage finds were unearthed from my basement during this purge I have to say very little made the cut to actually leave. I have plans for it all.. I do.

I'm looking forward to working on some DIY projects this summer to prepare for our "new" home. Some of this will include refinishing our mid-century modern dining room table and chairs and repurposing some other antique heirlooms. 


I'm looking for four more of these chairs!

I'm eager to get my hands on Matthew Meads newest book Flea Market Finds. I have a feeling it will be full of inspiration and projects that I can incorporate into our home.

www.holidaywithmatthewmead.com
  
If you love vintage like I do take a sneak peak at this video to see a little bit of what's inside the 160 pages of 
Flea Market Finds with Matthew Mead.

You can purchase Flea Market Finds via Amazon.com (link:http://www.amazon.com/Flea-Market-Finds-Matthew-Mead/dp/1603209182 ) for delivery directly to your mailbox. And be sure to leave Matthew a comment letting him know you watched it for a chance to win one of FOUR $100 Visa gift cards!

Good luck! I know I could use a Visa gift card right about now ;)





3 comments:

  1. Ooh, that sounds like a huge renovation! Congratulations! Hope you'll post about the progress. So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! It is huge and yes I will be sharing. I can't wait to share more very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debra,
    Congratulations. Isn't it hard waiting for the final go ahead? It's like a kid waiting for Christmas and they keep changing the date, you're still excited but frustrated.
    Good luck
    Take lots of pictures.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments!

Share it