Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The lightbulb....


Is it wrong to be in love with a lightbulb?




Edison Lightbulb, Restoration Hardware


Those wispy ribbons of electricity eating filaments have caught my eye and I want them in my new kitchen. 

The problem is they are soon to be phased out in Canada. 
I know ...they are not environmentally friendly sources of light but I can't help myself. They are so pretty! 

My lighting plan in my new kitchen and dining room includes clear glass pendants and fixtures. So what's a girl to do?






3 comments:

  1. My general rule is to go with what you love. Though I'm sure changing your reno plans now might be a bit tough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Lindsey. Go with what you love! It's more that I'm concerned about what lightbulbs will be left to use when incandescents are phased out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the good bulbs (i.e. the ones you love).

    I absolutely loathe those curlyque bulbs and won't have them in my house.

    What's a girl to do? Buy boxes of the good bulbs while they're still in stores.

    P.S. This isn't for the same blogpost, but I just loved photos of the paper doll, the garland with the dresses and the fabric doll. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments!

Share it