sneak peeks

I wanted to share a little sneak peek of the story I recently produced for Canadian Family magazine. It's on news stands now so you need to run right out and pick up a copy ;). Really. It's a great parenting magazine. Fabulous articles. It is my go-to parenting mag - modern and stylish.


Here's a little peek!





Gorgeous photography from the uber-talented and fun to work with Michael Alberstat.




This issue also features its annual Toy Guide ahem...Christmas shopping anyone?

Coincidently, we shot this story in my house. Yep! It was feeling a lot like Christmas around here a couple of months ago. The hardest part about producing a story in your own home is letting all the great props go. I'm telling you, I wanted to keep everything. Especially the coffee table from West Elm.

Speaking of West Elm, I went to a tour of their newly renovated store in Liberty Village on Tuesday night. West Elm's Creative Director Vanessa Holden was in town from NYC to give us a tour. She was very engaging. Before West Elm, she was EIC of Martha Stewart Living and Martha Stewart Weddings, creative director of Real Simple, and co-founded Donna Hay Magazine. Not too shabby...

I thought I would share a few pictures of the store and some of my favorite things. Because... it is one of my fave shopping destinations not because this is endorsed. Although I wouldn't turn them down..wink, wink.





This is the view from the Market area into the store. It's huge! And...there is a coffee shop now. As if I needed another reason to visit!

Oops I didn't take a picture of the coffee shop. How could I forget that? I guess I got caught up in the perfect crema on my americano and chatting with blogger friends. You'll just have to go see for yourself. You will fall in love the rustic wood island with the marble countertop.


I love the Market. I want it all for my kitchen.

I like how West Elm incorporates locally sourced products for the stores in each of its cities. So some of the food products above were local.


Canvas tote bag that my pickling buddies would love!!! 
Colleen this is for you :)

Happy friday!

Debra


No comments

Thanks so much for your comments!