indigo dreams

visit my Indigo Dreams board (above) on Etsy

Ever since John and I travelled to Japan many years ago I have had an obsession with Indigo.  I picked up several items on my travels that were made using natural indigo including lots of ceramics, paper and linens.

I have been collecting some gorgeous indigo inspired finds over on my Etsy board "Indigo dreams" including beautiful Indian kantha quilts, shibori linens, and even these cool tile decals.

There is something about indigo that is dreamy and soulful yet vibrant and rich at the same time. It has been very much on-trend of late in home design showing up in rich blue-black wall paint, ikat, shibori and ombre dyed linen pillows and fabrics.

In my own home it appears in many rooms including my bedroom which is a mixture of white textiles, vintage walnut furniture, soft grey walls and pops of indigo, brass and white.

I would love to add this little slipper chair from West Elm in the mix.

button slipper chair, West Elm


and maybe this little pillow from Indigo which is on sale for a steal right now...
blue ombre pillow, Indigo




Currently, on my coffee table is this book, Nomad by Sibella Court. I adore her style, photography and of course her books. In Nomad, you see examples of indigo from her travels to Japan, India and more. So inspiring and beautiful.

If you want to know about Indigo, it's history and how it is used, Design Sponge did a post on it here including some links to further reading.

So that's all for now. Just felt like sharing some colour inspiration with you.





No comments

Thanks so much for your comments!